Phuketindex.com recently took day trip to Banana Beach on nearby Koh Hey (Coral Island). We’re due to depart by boat from Chalong Pier and it’s easy to find the Banana Beach boat at the pier as their logo is a banana leaf. We arrive early so the staff invites us to take a break at Kan Eang @ Pier Restaurant with its cool views. At 8.30 it’s time to get going and after only 15 minutes we arrive at the island as it’s so close to Phuket. Normally the departure times from Phuket are 8.30 and 10.00.
Banana Beach is so beautiful with white sands, crystal-clear water and blue skies. It’s a very peaceful place and not crowded. Our day trip package
includes a life jacket and mask for snorkeling and sea kayak activities. The water is very clear here and we can see lots of colourful fish. There are many more activities such as scuba diving, a banana boat, sea walking and parasailing.
Along with the activities the package also includes lunch at the restaurant. Our set menu is for two people; we have tom yam seafood soup, deep- fried chicken, fried shrimp with spicy sauce, som tam (papaya salad), deep-fried fish with chili sauce and a fruit platter as dessert.
At Banana Beach Koh Hey folks think about preserving nature so they use eco-friendly construction materials and build to fit into nature’s harmonic design. There are three main buildings, two with a hornbill theme – there is a colony of these fascinating birds on the island – with the last building themed on a hornbill’s egg.
All in all, it’s an amazing day out and everything is near perfect; the beach, staff members, the food and the weather. As mentioned, this paradise is only 15 minutes from Phuket… so add a trip to Banana Beach to your holiday program!!!
About Banana Beach Koh Hey
1. Sea Kayaking: Combines peace, quiet, exercise, and sightseeing all at your own pace
2. Snorkeling: The beautiful coral and sea life are waiting for you
3. Diving: Professional instructors will teach you and guide you to the best spots
4. Banana Boat: If you like speed and thrills, you’ll love this.
5. Parasailing: Nothing beats the view from over 100 feet up in the air
6. Zip Line: Adventure like no other… with a great experience.
1. Restaurant: The menu is a smart mix of laid back Thai specialties
2. Restroom and toilet: Clean and well-designed restroom and toilet, it is not just a toilet.
Tel: +66 (0) 81 416 7555
Fax: +66 (0) 76 280 333
Facebook: Banana Beach