One of the best ways to see Phuket is to hire yourself a car and drive around. There are many scenic routes on the island, especially on the West Coast. It’s fun, easy and best of all inexpensive. Phuket Car Rentals offer a great choice of vehicles, small (Vios or Jazz), medium (Altis or Civic), big (Camry or Fortuner). Phuket is very easy to drive around by yourselves, with all signage being in English as well as Thai, and there are many free maps available which you can find in Phuket Airport or at the information desk in your hotel. If you want to rent a car whilst you’re in Phuket, you will need to check our information!
- Hirer & Driver: Hirer must be 20 years of age or older and hold a major credit card in their name. A valid Thai, Overseas or International driver’s license is also required. The license must be in English characters.
- Documents Needed: On the date of rental, hirer and driver must present their passport, driver’s license and credit card.
- Rental Charges: Daily rates are calculated on a 24 hours rental basis. Minimum rental period is 1 day. Excess hours are calculated at 1/6 of the daily rate.
- Terms of Payment: A minimum payment of 2,000 Baht is due on reservation. Then estimated rental charge is payable on taking delivery of the car, and the final adjustment will be made on completion of the rental.
- Delivery & Collection Service: Deliver your vehicle to any hotel free of charge. For other locations, delivery and/or collection charges may apply.
- Protection Package: Comprehensive insurance is included in rental rates (excess 5,000 Baht). Other optional packages (CDW or Excess Reduction) can be purchased at the rental counter at the time of rental.
- Extension of Rental: Should you wish to extend your rental beyond the agreed termination date, it is important the insurance coverage be extended. Failure to do so may mean the hirer is driving the vehicle without insurance. Late return will be charged at 1/3 daily rate per hour.
- Cancellation Fees: If the reservation is cancelled, an administration fee of 2,000 Baht will be charged. There is no refund for early return of vehicle for any reason whatsoever.
- Travel Restrictions: Vehicles can only be driven on sealed/bitumen roads. Restricted area of use may apply and gasoline should be as the same as when first hired.
Happy Safe Motoring Tips
- Thailand adopts the British standard of driving on the left side of the road. Major highways are divided dual-carriage ways.
- Speed limit for cars is 60 kph in town, 100 kph on highways and 120 kph on motorways except when overtaking.
- Highway police can be reached by dialing 1193 and the Tourist police at 1699. ! In case of an accident, follow the instructions given at the time of rental.
Here are some Phuket car rental companies, all offer full insurance.
Phuket Town: Pure Car Rent +66 (0) 76 211 022
Cherngtalay: Lagoon Car Rent +66 (0) 76 271 772 Andaman Car Rent +66 (0) 76 325 222
Mai Khao: Airport Car Rent +66 (0) 76 327 484, Asian Car Rent +66 (0) 76 327 656-7
Nothing Says More about Glamour than a Stretch Limo
Phuket Stretch Limo is Thailand’s and Phuket’s first real limousine company. Phuket Stretch Limo provides first-class vehicles, which feature every modern convenience, are in excellent condition and we provide a professional English speaking team of chauffeurs and hostesses. Customers will be treated to the finest service during their luxurious transportation. A reliable customer focused service is what they strive to achieve.
Patitta Apichotsaras, Managing Director of Phuket Stretch Limo said “We are the ONLY stretch limo provider in Phuket. Ours vehicles are Lincoln limousines, imported from the United States and cost more than 10 million Baht each.” Most of their customers are foreign visitors, European millionaires, and Thai celebrities. She also mentioned the customers use their company’s service because limos are luxurious and meet the lifestyle requirements of the wealthy.
Phuket Stretch Limo offers its customers a variety of packages:
- Airport Service is provided for those who require airport transfers. Customers can travel from or to the airport to any Phuket destination in safety and comfort.
- Shopping Package is for those who want to travel around Phuket, exclusively shop at the best tailors, jewelry, or gold shops, and dine at 5-star restaurants.
- The Romantic Package with Sunset and Dinner is a service providing travel around Phuket, watching the sunset, and romantically dine at a 5-star restaurant.
- The Nightlife Package is provided for those who want to experience the Sin of Patong. This package includes a dinner, a drive to Patong where you can visit bars and night clubs, and a drive back to your hotel at 2 A.M.
- The Birthday Package allows you to have an unforgettable birthday night by driving around Phuket, dining at a 5-star restaurant, and either driving back to hotel or enjoying the nightlife.
- Sightseeing Package offers its customers a tour of Phuket by experienced English speaking chauffeurs and a lunch at one of the finest restaurants.
- Wedding Package provides a pickup or a drop-off from hotel to ceremony. The package also includes a set of photographs with the limo.
- Price for Airport Service is 4,500 Baht for 5 people.
- Price per hour is 3,995 Baht for up to 8 people.
- Price for more than 4 hours renting is 2,995 Baht per hour.
If you are interested in experiencing this luxurious transportation, you can visit www.phuketstretchlimo.com or call 085 311 1211. Email: email@example.com