The island of Phuket is by no means small when compared to other islands in Thailand and there are many attractions for you to visit whilst you’re here. There are possibly some destinations you would also like to visit which are actually off the island. If you’re already here or are coming to Phuket as part of a large family or group, you may be wondering what the simplest and best way is of getting you all around, as a group, to visit these places. Unfortunately, Phuket’s public transport is very limited and taxis and tuk-tuks are usually an expensive option.
The simplest, most convenient and comfortable way for large groups to sightsee in and around Phuket is to hire a chauffeur driven minibus for the day. This option is often similar to hiring a car and driving yourself, but saves you the potential problems of driving yourself around a foreign country which you are unfamiliar with. You’ll also be able to relax and enjoy the scenery in air-conditioned comfort.
All you have to do is decide where you want to visit and then let the driver work out the route. More than often, the driver will also recommend other places of interest for you to visit and act as a tour guide.
There are only positives when it comes to hiring a minibus & driver and the main reasons are:
- Private – The minibus is for your group and your group only.
- Comfort – Phuket is a hot place and the roads are at times quite congested. An air-conditioned minibus, complete with luxury seating and on-board entertainment, makes things so much more enjoyable and comfortable.
- Speed – No pick up times or waiting – when you’re ready so are the drivers.
- Safety – Unlike many of the illegal (black plate) taxis that operate on the island, you can be sure you can travel safely in the knowledge that the driver is licensed and has full insurance for the vehicle and its passengers.
When it comes to the type of vehicles available for rent, the most popular vehicle used by the rental companies here on the island, due to its fuel efficiency, is the Toyota HiAce Commuter D4D. The vehicles are all kept in first class condition and are usually no more than 2 years old. As a passenger, your ride will be very smooth and you also have no need to worry when it comes to safety.
In-car facilities include Flat Panel LCD Monitor, CD-DVD System, Individual reclining seats with head rests and individual air condition.
Minibus – Rental Prices & Service Options
The service is divided into 2 types
- Standby throughout the day – 2,000 Baht/Day (10 hrs) additional hours 200 Baht/ hr.
- Transfer (point to point)
0.30 – 1 hrs 800 Baht
4 hrs 1,500 Baht
8 hrs 1,800 Baht
Extra hours 200 Baht
What the price includes
- English speaking driver
- Full insurance
- Airport parking fee (should you wish to use for airport transfers)
Cancellation terms & conditions: No show and cancellations made morning of departure will be charged at 25% of the pre-agreed rate.
Minibus & driver rentals services are ideal for large families, large groups of friends, corporate events & meetings and weddings and other large scale events.
Phuket’s Minibus & Driver Companies
David Car Rent Address: 34/1 Moo 6 Maikhao, Thalang Phuket 83140 Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 76 327 487 or +66 (0) 76 328 398
Mobile: +66 (0) 81 895 9477 or +66 (0) 81 979 1361
Fax: +66 (0) 76 205 224
Phuket Taxi Center
Office: 29/5 m.6 Sakdidach rd. Vichit dtc. Muang Phuket Thailand 83000
Mobile: +66 (0) 81-415-2691
Fax: +66 (0) 76-391-504
Office: 68/62 M.7 Srisutuch Rd., Rasada, Muang Phuket
Tel: +66 (0) 81 373 4336
Tel: +66 (0) 85 650 1333