City folk know little or nothing about how rice is grown and rice farming has much to teach us about life’s most important virtues in today’s context. A lesson such as “You Reap What You Sow” comes alive through the rice farming experience.
At Panta Phuket would like to help people understand the life of countryside people and therefore offer urban families an unforgettable & unique experiential activity to experience the forgotten authentic and simple lifestyle of the tribal rice farmers, where visitors to plant their own rice in a traditional rice field, located within the unique resort in the heart Thailand’s main tourist destination.
At Panta Phuket offers a 2 hour Rice Farming activity, where an experienced rice farmer will give a hands-on experience of the local way of living, learning about the full life cycle of rice, from the making of the soil through to making paddy into rice.
Experience the life of a rice farmer amidst the beautiful hills of Phuket. Enjoy peace and tranquility, fresh air and the wonderful sounds of nature.
- Introduction and explanation into the complete rice farming procedure.
- Sowing – Transplanting the rice seedlings from the nursery to the paddy field. A chance for participants to appreciate the back-breaking efforts of the rice farmers.
- Withdrawal young rice
- Rice farming uniform (Mor Hom)
- Thai snacks & drinks
- Families interested in cultural activities.
- School groups & summer camps.
- City folk keen on experiencing the local way of living.
- Team building exercise.
At Panta Phuket
310/51 Moo 1, Baandon-Cherngtalay Rd, Thalang District. Phuket 83110 Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 76 27 5002-14
Fax: +66 (0) 7627 5016
Email l: email@example.com